Post Judgment Enforcements

The Judgment of Divorce not only dissolves a legal marriage, but also informs the couples of their rights and responsibilities pursuant to the Order. Unfortunately, a legal divorce is not always the end of the story.

Sometimes ex-couples disagree over issues related to their original Judgment of Divorce. These issues might include child support, child custody, or spousal support. This is where post judgment comes into the picture.

Post-judgment action can be taken when one spouse hasn’t fulfilled what they were ordered to do by court. For example, if a spouse has been ordered to pay child support, but has failed to do so, the other spouse can seek enforcement from the court. This proceeding can be carried out in Family Court or Supreme Court.

In many post judgment cases, contempt allegations are involved.  If found guilty, a contempt proceeding could lead to incarceration. This is why it is extremely vital to hire an experienced and aggressive attorney to handle the complicated case on your behalf.

At the Law Offices of Ian S. Mednick, we understand how complex divorce matters can be, let alone post judgment proceedings. Our experienced team is uniquely qualified to offer legal representation for clients facing post judgment proceedings, whether they are seeking enforcement from the court, or facing allegations of contempt.

In addition to aggressive representation, we offer the personalized attention you need during this tumultuous time in your life.

If a dispute arises with your former spouse that you are unable to resolve, you can seek post judgment relief through the help of attorney Ian S. Mednick. Mr. Mednick is an experienced and compassionate divorce attorney in Long Island who can help you negotiate through the legal issues and come to a resolution.

You have the right to request post judgment relief if your spouse has violated an agreement, whether it involves a child custody arrangement, property settlement, or spousal support.  We offer free consultations to our clients in Long Island, including all areas of Suffolk County, Nassau County, Queens County, New York City, Kings County, Staten Island, Yonkers, Bronx County, Westchester County, and White Plains.

Contact our office today to speak with a post judgment attorney about your legal needs.